The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Veterans Health Administration (VHA) Office of Readjustment Counseling Service (RCS) provides free and confidential counseling and referral services to Veterans, active duty Service members and their families over the course of their lifetimes. More than1.7 million Veterans received mental health services at VA in 2019 and with this project, the goal is for more eligible individuals to utilize these services.
- Data collection and brand analysis
- Creative direction and design
- Strategic communications and change management support
- Writing and content creation
- Program management and client services
To help more Veterans, families and active duty Service members, and to overcome its awareness issue, Aptive is reinventing and standardizing the Vet Center brand identity.
To expand RCS’s reach and make Vet Centers more recognizable, Aptive initiated thorough reviews through the first phase of reinventing the brand.
- We evaluated the current brand, its effectiveness and areas of improvement across more than 300 Vet Centers, 80 Mobile Vet Centers and numerous outstations and community access points nationwide.
- We visited five Vet Centers, conducted ten focus groups sessions and distributed an organization-wide questionnaire.
- We interviewed community partners and organized online search query research.
- We designed a new logo, slogan and various outreach and promotional materials to meet unique communication needs.
- Upcoming plans include establishing a National Brand Implementation Guide and launching an internal campaign to efficiently transition from the old brand to its successor.
Aptive secured a robust collection of perspectives used to define the direction of the new brand. In the upcoming months, Aptive will use the refreshed brand to reach new audiences and strengthen RCS’ position in the Veteran, military and mental health markets.