The U.S. Coast Guard Office of Command, Control, Communication, Computers, Cyber, Intelligence (C5I) and Sensor Capabilities (CG-761) is a team comprised of professionals with extensive experience in Coast Guard operations, C4 & Sensors knowledge and system interoperability with outside agencies.
CG-761 is a multifaceted organization that links stakeholders, user communities and technical authorities to generate requirements, set priorities and negotiate fulfillment of user C4 & Sensor needs. This requires establishing a single Requirements Management Office for the entire Coast Guard organization. An RMO is a structured way to manage requirements and specifications and is a coordinating organizational function. The goal is for the RMO to show the Coast Guard’s organizational maturity, providing assurances to stakeholders and customers that their capability requests will be handled efficiently and professionally.
Managing requirements is a key tool for business and project success, and Aptive is leading the charge in developing efficient and repeatable business processes by:
- Implementing process improvement initiatives aimed at optimizing the use of existing staff.
- Enabling performance to be measured against defined metrics.
- Inspiring a continuous process improvement mindset.
Results and Benefits
Aptive has met or exceeded contract performance standards for timeliness, business relations, cost management, staff management and contractual considerations to achieve the following results:
- Created a Yellow Belt Certification Program and trained 26 of 30 personnel.
- Developed a Lean Six Sigma Champion Training Course for CG-761 leadership.
- Transitioned key leadership and staff meeting platforms for improved ease of access and document sharing.
- Conducted interviews and analysis to develop a comprehensive list of potential improvement opportunities; identified requirements, needs, and gaps, and developed methods to leverage best practices.
- Maintained and briefed real-time dashboards in SharePoint that depict execution of projects and the management requirements that flow through the intake system.
- Developed and supported regularly recurring and ad hoc reports, briefings and meetings to disseminate project execution, business case updates and program alignment to updated processes.